Aldi CEO Giles Hurley has written to customers today.
The full letter is available below and outlines a number of comprehensive safety measures that are currently in place in all Aldi stores.
As new government guidance is introduced across different parts of the UK, I want to reassure you about the measures in place to ensure that you can continue to shop safely at your local Aldi.
• All our stores have a traffic light system at entrances to ensure a safe number of people can shop at any one time, whilst maintaining social distancing.
• We have protective screens at all 7,000 of our checkouts and all stores have sanitisation stations for customer use.
• There are clear signs and social distancing markers advising how to shop safely.
• We are encouraging payment by card or contactless when possible, with an increased contactless limit of £45.
• We continue to provide NHS, blue light and vulnerable customers priority access at specific times.
Our colleagues wear face masks in store unless they are behind screens at the checkout, or are exempt for medical reasons. Thank you for supporting us and keeping others safe by wearing one too.
All of our stores are fully stocked, we have good availability and there are regular deliveries, at least once a day. There is no need to buy more than normal so please shop considerately.
If you can’t make it into one of our stores, we are increasing the availability of our new click and collect service, which is now available in 12 locations, with more stores being added weekly. Visit groceries.aldi.co.uk to see if this new service is available in your area.
You may also be able to get Aldi groceries delivered to your home via Deliveroo. Check the Deliveroo app or visit aldi.co.uk/deliveroo to see if the service is available locally.
Additional guidance for our Welsh customers
For our customers in Wales, you may be aware that the Welsh government has announced that supermarkets can only sell essential goods during the current lockdown. This applies to a small number of non-food items so you can still do your full grocery shop at your local Aldi. In addition, our full Specialbuys range is available to browse and purchase online at aldi.co.uk as normal.
Thank you for your continued support. Please rest assured that we are as committed as ever to providing you with a quick, safe and affordable shopping experience every time you visit Aldi.
Stay safe and well.
CEO – Aldi UK and IRE
The Caterpillar vs Caterpillar saga continues, and this time it’s on the football pitch.