With demand for organic food higher than ever – UK sales equalled £2.09bn in the last year alone1 - this Sunday 3rd September, discount supermarket Aldi launch their organic themed Specialbuy event.
Headlining the event is the Specially Selected Organic Avocado Oil (250ml, £3.49) a cold pressed, versatile oil that contains the oil of 20 avocados in every bottle. Perfect for dressing salads with or adding to dips, this great value product offers customers a 22% saving vs. the equivalent brand sold at Waitrose2 and a saving of 80% if customers purchased and pressed the same number of avocados themselves!
The Specially Selected Organic Avocado Oil is 100% natural; it contains no trans-fats, additives, preservatives or artificial ingredients and is also Fairtrade certified.
Avocado oil has a raft of health benefits making it a healthy alternative when compared to other vegetable oils. Not only does it contain four times more beta-sitosterol - which helps lower cholesterol - than Olive Oil, it also contains high levels of alpha- and beta-carotene which protects against heart disease. It’s also high in Vitamin E, with 12mg in a 15ml serving equalling 20% of your recommended daily allowance (RDA).
But that’s not all on offer, the Aldi organic Specialbuy event is brimming with foods to see you through the day, including Fruit & Spelt Muesli (500g, £3.99), Rice Cakes (available in yogurt, sea salt or milk chocolate, £1.69) and great offers on Beond Bars too (£1.99 for 3x35g compared to 99p for one at Ocado3).
Fire Tree Organic Sicilian Chardonnay, £5.99
The Organic Sicilian Chardonnay is a beautifully balanced white wine with intense, rich and refreshing flavours of citrus blossom and white peach. This gorgeous bottle pairs perfectly with a crab or salmon dish.
Organic Primitivo, £7.99
The Organic Primitivo is a deep ruby red wine with an intense and complex fruit bouquet, reminiscent of cherries, raspberries and red currants. The grapes are grown in the low-yielding vineyards of Puglia, Southern Italy, and the oak-aging adds a pleasant roasted and spicy aroma. This full-bodied and supple wine is perfect with roasted red meats and mature cheeses.
Grande Alberone – Black Bio, £7.99
The Grande Alberone Black Bio is a serious organic wine with sweeter flavours of chocolate and cherries, ideal for drinking anytime, anyplace. This red hails from the heart of Italy and has a Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Primitivo grape blend for a perfect combination of sophistication and sweetness.
All wines will be on sale from 3rd September in time for Organic September.
Tony Baines, Joint Managing Director of Corporate Buying at Aldi UK, says: “At Aldi we recognise our customer’s interest in organic, healthy products that don’t cost the earth. That’s why we’re particularly pleased to stock the Specially Selected Organic Avocado Oil.
“Currently, no other grocer offers own-label organic avocado oil, highlighting Aldi’s ongoing commitment to give customers the best quality products at the lowest prices.”
Aldi’s organic themed Specialbuy will be available instore from Sunday 3rd September. But don’t forget, as with all Specialbuys, when it’s gone, it’s gone!
For more information, please contact the Aldi Consumer Press Office on:
T: 020 7025 6611 or E: email@example.com.
1. Soil Association: Organic Market Report 2017
Notes to Editor’s
Aldi is the UK’s fifth largest supermarket with over 700 stores and over 29,000 employees.
The company has more than doubled its market share since 2010. In the 12 weeks ended 16/07/2017, Aldi grew sales by 17.9% and has a 7% share of the market (Kantar Worldpanel data).
Aldi is attracting hundreds of thousands of new customers every year with its award-winning range of exclusive brands, passing low operating costs on to customers in the form of low prices.
In 2017 Aldi will open over 60 stores. By 2022, Aldi will operate over 1,000 stores.
The company’s current achievements and initiatives include:
- Aldi offers employees the highest starting pay in the sector – at least £8.53 an hour to all employees and more to those in London. This is significantly higher than the Government’s National Living Wage.
- Aldi’s investment in people was recognised at the Grocer Gold Awards, which celebrate outstanding achievement and practice across the grocery sector – Aldi was crowned ‘Employer of the Year’ 2017.
- Aldi has launched a five year partnership with the Teenage Cancer Trust – its fundraising target of £5m will go towards helping the trust to reach out to every young person with cancer in the UK.
- Aldi was named Fresh Produce Supermarket of the Year at the FPC Fresh Awards 2017 and Supermarket of the Year at the 2016 Retail Industry Awards.
- Aldi is the highest ranked supermarket in the Institute of Customer Services’ UK Customer Satisfaction Index 2017.
- Aldi launched its eCommerce platform in January 2016, selling a range of high quality wines and Specialbuys – receiving approximately over 11,000 orders per week.
- Aldi is the official supermarket partner of Team GB, and has extended this commitment to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Full details of Aldi’s awards and achievements are detailed at https://www.aldi.co.uk/awards
View our 'Notes to Editor'