Discount supermarket Aldi is taking burritos to the next level this Christmas with the brand new Specially Selected British Beef Brisket Burrito (£7.99), available in stores nationwide.
A modern and British twist on the classic burrito and capturing the burrito trend taking over social media, Aldi’s newest winter warmer is made up of tender, slow-cooked pulled beef brisket in a porcini mushroom sauce, which is hand wrapped in a fluffy Yorkshire pudding.
Costing £7.99 (serves 5 people) the burrito comes complete with a rich red wine and onion gravy, which helps create a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
The burrito will be on sale nationwide throughout the winter months. Arriba Arriba!
For more information, please contact the Aldi Consumer Press Office on:
T: 020 7025 6611 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to editors:
Aldi is the UK’s fifth largest supermarket with over 700 stores and over 29,000 employees.
The company has more than doubled its market share since 2010. In the 12 weeks ended 10/09/2017, Aldi grew sales by 15.6% and has a 6.9% share of the market (Kantar Worldpanel data).
Aldi is attracting hundreds of thousands of new customers every year with its award-winning range of exclusive brands, passing low operating costs on to customers in the form of low prices.
In 2017 Aldi will open over 60 stores. By 2022, Aldi will operate over 1,000 stores.
The company’s current achievements and initiatives include:
· Aldi offers employees the highest starting pay in the sector – at least £8.53 an hour to all employees and more to those in London. This is significantly higher than the Government’s National Living Wage.
· Aldi’s investment in people was recognised at the Grocer Gold Awards, which celebrate outstanding achievement and practice across the grocery sector – Aldi was crowned ‘Employer of the Year’ 2017.
· Aldi has launched a five year partnership with the Teenage Cancer Trust – its fundraising target of £5m will go towards helping the trust to reach out to every young person with cancer in the UK.
· Aldi was named Fresh Produce Supermarket of the Year at the FPC Fresh Awards 2017 and Supermarket of the Year at the 2016 Retail Industry Awards.
· Aldi is the highest ranked supermarket in the Institute of Customer Services’ UK Customer Satisfaction Index 2017.
· Aldi launched its eCommerce platform in January 2016, selling a range of high quality wines and Specialbuys – receiving approximately over 11,000 orders per week.
· Aldi is the official supermarket partner of Team GB, and has extended this commitment to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
· Recent research from the Centre for economics and business research (Cebr) showed that the value of Aldi’s relationships with UK suppliers will increase by £2.2bn during the next five years to £6.7bn in 2022. Additionally, in 2016 Aldi supported 146,000 direct and indirect jobs in the UK and this figure is set to rise to 205,000 by 2022.
Full details of Aldi’s awards and achievements are detailed at https://www.aldi.co.uk/awards
View our 'Notes to Editor'