From papaya to peaches and passion fruits, supermarket Aldi has added these delicious premium fruits to their Super 6 offering this summer meaning they’re available at an unbeatable price.
Aldi’s premium summer fruits start at just 89p and are on offer from Thursday 26th July, perfect for switching up your summer fruit salad.
- Honey Dew Melon: now: £0.89 was £1.65
- Passion Fruit: now £0.49 was £0.89
- Papaya: now £0.89 was £1.15
- Cherries: now £0.89 was £0.99
- Peaches: now £0.49 was £0.89
- Kiwi Fruit: now £0.49 was £0.72
And why not check out some delicious recipe inspiration from Aldi?
Chocolate Covered Frozen Kiwi Rounds
- 6 kiwi fruit
- 100g dark chocolate
- 6 wooden lollipops
- Place a wooden lollipop stick into the side of each of the kiwi fruit rounds.
- Place these on some greaseproof paper and then into the freezer until frozen.
- When the kiwi pops are frozen break up the chocolate and place into an oven proof bowl over a pan of boiling water to melt, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Dip each kiwi pop in the melted chocolate and put straight back into the freezer to harden before serving.
For the burgers:
- 500g pork mince
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tsp Stonemill ground cumin
- 2g fresh mint leaves
- 50g Brooklea Greek yoghurt
For the salsa:
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 green chilli (approx. 17g)
- ½ pointed red pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3g fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove
- 3g fresh ginger
To make the burgers:
- Peel, half and finely chop the red onion.
- Finely chop the mint.
- In a bowl, mix the pork mince, red onion, chopped mint, ground cumin and the yogurt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 rounds, flatten with the palm of your hand to make 4 burgers and put in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Cut the peaches in half – remove the stones and finely chop the flesh.
- Cut the chili and the red pepper in half, lengthways, remove and discard the seeds, then chop finely.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Finely chop the coriander.
- Mix all the above together along with the lime juice and mix well – allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Grill or barbecue the pork burgers on each side for 6-7 minutes, then serve alongside the peach salsa.
View our 'Notes to Editor'