- Supermarket launches premium Champagne range to target high-end shoppers
- Rare bottles include an Organic Champagne
- Aldi has sold over 1.4m bottles of its Veuve Monsigny Champagne in the past year alone
Aldi has announced it is expanding its award-winning Champagne range, with the addition of a host of premium bottles, to cater for the ever-growing number of upmarket shoppers hitting its wine aisles.
The new range marks the supermarket’s most premium offering yet, with exciting new additions including an Organic Champagne and three new vintage bottles from its longstanding and highly acclaimed Champagne supplier; Philizot et Fils.
Available now, the Organic Champagne is a first of its kind for Aldi, as the supermarket taps into growing demand for organic wines. Hailing from the Marne Valley, the fizz was created without the use of pesticides or chemicals, resulting in an elegant Champagne, that boasts a unique pink colour owing to the lack of sulphur within the liquid.
Despite the boom in organic products, only 600 of the 33,000 hectares of vines (less than 2%) in the Champagne region are certified as organic, making organic wines a rarity on supermarket shelves. The bottle will be sold exclusively via Aldi.co.uk; at just £26.99, half the price of premium offerings, such as Lanson’s Green Label Organic Brut, that costs a whopping £55 a bottle.
Julie Ashfield, Managing Director of Buying at Aldi UK, comments: “We’re incredibly proud of our wine range and thanks to the excellent work of our talented buying team, our Champagne offering continues to go from strength to strength.
Our Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut NV has continued to be incredibly popular with our shoppers, proven by the number of bottles of bubbly we sell on a daily basis. We’re delighted to be able to cater to increased demand for quality fizz with our most premium range yet.”
A full list of Aldi’s Champagne range can be found below, with more information about online exclusive wines at Aldi.co.uk/c/wines/ONLINE-EXCLUSIVES
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut NV (£12.49, 75cl)
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut Grand Reserve NV (£14.99, 75cl)
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne Rosé NV (£16.99, 75cl)
- Philizot Organic Champagne NV (£26.99, 75cl)
- Philizot Champagne 2014 (£19.99, 75cl)
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne 2006 (£22.99, 75cl)
View our 'Notes to Editor'