This Christmas, supermarket Aldi’s moreish range of cold meats, pies, pâtés and tender cuts of cured meat are designed to impress and easily cater for the dozens at a festive get together. Become the ‘host with the most’ by showcasing these amazing value items including a Bake & Glaze Ham Joint, hand-finished festive pork pies, as well as curated collections of charcuterie and meats. Who doesn’t love a fuss-free Christmas feast?
Let Aldi’s Bake and Glaze Ham Joint (£9.99, 1.2kg) take centre stage. The cooked and cured British ham comes with a choice of sweet festive glazes in zingy Orange Marmalade or rich Honey & Mustard.
Large or miniature, we’ve got pies a plenty! Aldi’s large Hand-Finished Pork Pies (£3.99, 454g) are guaranteed to go down a treat. Made with outdoor bred British pork and filled with festive flavours, it will be impossible not to keep going back for more! Choose from British Pork, Chestnut & Bacon or British Pork, Venison and Duck.
Treat your guests to the perfect festive bite with Aldi’s Mini Cranberry Topped Pork & Pate Pies (£1.69, 200g). The pork pies include a tasty blend of British pork and pate encased in crisp hot water pastry, topped with a sweet cranberry and port sauce.
Perfect for sharing, Aldi’s Pate Cakes (£2.49, 330g) are topped with fruity jelly. Choose from Duck Liver & Orange or Brussels and Cranberry.
Introducing not one but FOUR delicious platters to the Christmas range, guests can pack their plates with wonderfully curated platters of Italian and Spanish cured meats:
Tempt the party to Aldi’s Specially Selected Spanish Tapas Platter (£4.99, 332g), featuring the classic smoky Chorizo, delicate Chorizo Pamplona and sweet Serrano Ham. The platter has been expertly paired with cubes of tangy Spanish Manchego Cheese and Spanish Gordal olives, renowned for their plump and fruity characteristics.
A cured meat spread is never complete without the salty, melt in the mouth addition of Prosciutto. Aldi’s Prosciutto Platter (£3.49, 150g) includes delicate slices of slow cured Prosciutto, matured for a minimum of 24 months for a sweet flavour and melt-in-the-mouth texture.
Aldi’s Specially Selected Italian Misto Platter (£5.99, 250g) includes fine Italian meats for your festive spread. Choose from slices of Milano Salami, Coppa, Parma Ham and Salame Felino.
Aldi’s Spanish Charcuterie (£1.99, 120g) is another curated collection of cured Spanish meats, including Chorizo Pamplona, Chorizo Iberico, Cured Pork Loin and Jamon Serrano Gran Reserva.
For more information, please contact the Aldi Consumer Press Office on:
T: 020 7025 6611 or E: email@example.com or visit www.aldi.co.uk
Notes to editors:
Aldi is Britain’s fifth largest supermarket with over 840 stores and almost 33,000 employees.
The company has more than doubled its market share since 2010. In the 12 weeks to 8th September 2019, Aldi grew sales by 6.3% and achieved an 8.1% share of the UK grocery market (Kantar Worldpanel data).
Aldi is investing £1bn in stores and distribution centres across the UK in 2019 and 2020. By 2025, it plans to double its store numbers inside the M25 - from 45 to 100 - and operate more than 1,200 stores.
Aldi is attracting hundreds of thousands of new customers every year with its range of exclusive brands, passing low operating costs on to customers in the form of low prices.
The supermarket believes in making every day amazing and that’s why every single day Aldi delivers on the best possible value for millions of families throughout the UK and Ireland across everything from award-winning fresh produce to world class gin.
Aldi won’t be beaten on price; consistently racks up award after award for quality; treats its suppliers with fairness and respect and recognises the responsibility of supporting valued institutions such as Team GB to demonstrate the importance of health and wellness. That’s Aldi. That’s everyday amazing. The reason they do this? Because Aldi believes that everyone should have access to fresh, healthy, affordable food…it’s a right, not a privilege.
The company’s current achievements and initiatives include:
- Aldi is the UK’s lowest priced supermarket. According to The Grocer, a basket of everyday products was £8.65 more expensive at the Big Four on average - that’s 24% more (The Grocer – 13th June)
- Aldi has a five-year partnership with Teenage Cancer Trust – its fundraising target of £5m will go towards helping the trust to reach out to every young person with cancer in the UK.
- Aldi’s rates of pay are significantly higher than the Government’s National Living Wage and also above the Living Wage Foundation’s recommended national rates. Store Assistants receive a minimum hourly rate of £9.10 nationally and £10.55 in London.
- Aldi is the official supermarket partner of Team GB and ensures every member of the team has access to fresh healthy Aldi food via monthly shopping vouchers, and that 1.2 million 5-14 year olds will learn about the benefits of cooking fresh, healthy food via its Get Set to Eat Fresh education initiative. Aldi has been a partner since 2015 and has extended its commitment to the 2024 Olympic games in Paris.
- In June 2019, for the sixth consecutive year, Aldi was ranked the best-performing supermarket for compliance with the Groceries Supply Code of Practice, underlining its commitment to maintaining fair, predictable and sustainable prices within its supply chain.
View our 'Notes to Editor'