Aldi is Britain’s fifth largest supermarket with over 940 stores and around 38,000 employees.
Aldi is attracting hundreds of thousands of new customers every year with its range of exclusive brands, passing low operating costs on to customers in the form of low prices.
The supermarket believes in making every day amazing and that’s why every single day Aldi delivers on the best possible value for millions of families throughout the UK and Ireland across everything from award-winning fresh produce to world class gin.
Aldi won’t be beaten on price; consistently racks up award after award for quality; treats its suppliers with fairness and respect and recognises the responsibility of supporting valued institutions such as Team GB to demonstrate the importance of health and wellness.
Aldi makes the everyday amazing. But amazing doesn’t happen overnight so that’s why Aldi is making changes to be better every single day, to be Fairer, Greener and Healthier for customers, society and the environment.
That’s Aldi. That’s everyday amazing. The reason they do this? Because Aldi believes that everyone should have access to fresh, healthy, affordable food… it’s a right, not a privilege.
The company’s current achievements and initiatives include:
- Aldi has been named as the UK’s best supermarket by consumer champion, Which?, based on a survey of more than 3,000 shoppers across the UK. Aldi was the only supermarket to score five stars for value.
- Research released by Which? in November showed that for a basket of 22 essential items throughout October, Sainsbury’s was 14% more expensive than the same shop at Aldi. The same shop was also 18% more expensive at Tesco. The same shop at the Big Four was 14% more expensive.
- According to The Grocer magazine, Aldi is the UK’s lowest priced supermarket. A basket of 33 everyday items at the Big 4 supermarkets is on average 23% more expensive than at Aldi (24/09/21).
- Aldi has a 10-year partnership with Teenage Cancer Trust – Aldi recently achieved its fundraising milestone of £6m ahead of its five-year target, which will go towards helping the trust to reach out to every young person with cancer in the UK. Aldi has also now committed to extending the TCT partnership for a further five years with a commitment to donate an additional £5m over this period.
- Aldi’s rates of pay are significantly higher than the Government’s National Living Wage and also above the Living Wage Foundation’s recommended national rates. Store Assistants receive a minimum hourly rate of £9.55 nationally and £11.07 in London.
- Aldi is the official supermarket partner of Team GB and ensures every member of the team has access to fresh healthy Aldi food via monthly shopping vouchers, and that 1.8 million 5-14-year-olds will learn about the benefits of cooking fresh, healthy food via its Get Set to Eat Fresh education initiative. Aldi has been a partner since 2015 and has extended its commitment to 2025, including the 2022 Winter Olympic games in Beijing and 2024 Summer Olympic games in Paris.
- Aldi has announced plans to increase the amount of food and drink it buys from British suppliers by £3.5bn a year within the next five years as it continues its rapid expansion across the UK.
- Aldi has pledged to donate 10 million meals to families in need in 2021, to help combat hunger’s devastating effects, making it their mission to fight against child food poverty as no child should ever go hungry.
- Aldi is proud to accept Free School Meal vouchers in its stores for the purchase of food and groceries.
- Aldi was ranked the best-performing supermarket for compliance with the Groceries Supply Code of Practice for seven consecutive years, underlining its commitment to maintaining fair, predictable and sustainable prices within its supply chain.
- Aldi was voted Britain’s Favourite Supermarket and Wine Retailer of the Year for the third consecutive time by readers of Good Housekeeping magazine, while its Specially Selected range was voted Favourite Premium Supermarket Range for the second year running.
Full details of Aldi’s awards and achievements are detailed at www.aldi.co.uk/awards