SAVE UP TO £9 WHEN SHOPPING AT ALDI – OFFICIALLY THE UK’S CHEAPEST SUPERMARKET8 October, 2021
- Win follows Aldi’s triumph in The Grocer 33 where it was also named UK’s lowest-priced supermarket
Consumer group Which? conducted its Cheapest Supermarket price comparison and looked at the cost of a basket of 22 items, including groceries and household essentials, with Aldi coming in cheapest at just £24.03. The same shopping cost a whopping 16% more at Sainsbury’s and 18% more at Tesco.
ALDI TO INVEST £1.3 BILLION AS SALES HIT NEW RECORD27 September, 2021
- CEO Giles Hurley praises colleagues for their outstanding efforts during the pandemic
- Annual sales increase 10.2% to a record £13.5 billion (YE 31 December 2020)
- Over 60% of households shopped with the retailer in the last year**
- £1.3bn investment pledged over the next two years (2022-2023) to create ‘more places and more ways to shop with Aldi’
- Click and collect now live in over 200 stores
- New Aldi checkout-free store planned in Greenwich, London
Aldi, Britain’s lowest-priced and favourite supermarket, has pledged to invest £1.3 billion over the next two years (2022-2023) in a bid to further accelerate its share of the UK grocery market.
Aldi trialling its first checkout-free store in London20 September, 2021
Aldi is trialling new checkout-free technology that will allow customers to scan a smartphone app to enter the store, pick up their shopping, and simply walk out without the need to pay at a till. Shortly after their visit, they will get an email receipt and be charged automatically using their chosen payment method.