COMEDIAN MARK WATSON NAMES THE UK’S BEST DAD JOKER TO CELEBRATE FATHER’S DAY
Dad’s the word – Aldi’s baby and toddler brand, Mamia, has today announced the winner of its nationwide competition to find the UK’s Best Dad Joke. Enlisting the help of top comedian and expert dad joker Mark Watson to judge the competition, Aldi saw over 2,700 joke lovers submit their very best – and worst – dad jokes in celebration of Father’s Day 2021.
With #BestDadJokes trending on Twitter during the heat of the competition, sensational jokester Austin May from Bedworth, Warwickshire,made Mark belly laugh with his so-bad-it’s-good dad joke: I once hired a limo but when it arrived, the guy driving it walked off! I said “Excuse me? Are you not going to drive me?” The guy told me that the price didn’t include a driverso I spent £400 on a limo and have nothing to chauffeur it!
Mark Watson said: “The perfect dad joke has got to be equal parts cringe and cheese – it’s got to make your kids embarrassed to be in the same room as you but still make them laugh. It’s a fine balance! When judging this competition, I was keeping an eye out for those jokes that were so bad, they were actually good – you don’t have to be a dad to tell a dad joke, but I think telling some truly awful ones really is a rite of passage when becoming a dad.”
Fancy a chuckle? Take a look Mark’s other favourite entries below:
1. Why did the man fall down the well? Because he didn’t see that well!
2. What did the pirate say on his eightieth birthday? “Aye Matey!”
3. Someone has glued my pack of cards together – I don’t know how to deal with it.
4. What do you call a zombie who cooks stir fries? Dead man wok-ing
5. I was wondering why the frisbee kept looking bigger and bigger, and then it hit me
6. I was stood behind a customer at an ATM and he turned around and said “could you check my balance?” – so I pushed him. His balance wasn’t that great.
7. Why did the scarecrow get an award? Because he was out standing in his field!
8. What did the daddy buffalo say to his son when he left for work? Bison
9. Two guys walked into a bar. The third guy ducked.
10. What do you call a blind dinosaur? A Doyouthinkhesaurus!
Aldi fans submitted their comedic entries via Facebook and Twitter from 4th May to 16th May, using the hashtag #BestDadJoke, with the winner receiving £100 Aldi vouchers.
Ready, set – BBQ! Supermarket Aldi has today revealed that a whopping 7.5 million Brits will be warming up their barbeques to cheer on British athletes at the Olympics games in Tokyo.
The research carried out as part of Aldi’s Raising the Barbeque campaign suggested that even the forecasted showers won’t deter a huge 2 million people from stepping up to the grill.
Love Island’s first official couple, Jake Cornish and Liberty Poole, coupled up over a bowl of spaghetti bolognese and supermarket Aldi is encouraging loved up shoppers to follow in their footsteps. The dream date doesn’t have to break the bank as Love Island fans can be dined for just £0.69! Shoppers can recreate that iconic moment with Aldi’s Spaghetti Bolognese (69p, 400g)– a whopping 75% cheaper than Waitrose.