COMEDIAN MARK WATSON NAMES THE UK’S BEST DAD JOKER TO CELEBRATE FATHER’S DAY
Dad’s the word – Aldi’s baby and toddler brand, Mamia, has today announced the winner of its nationwide competition to find the UK’s Best Dad Joke. Enlisting the help of top comedian and expert dad joker Mark Watson to judge the competition, Aldi saw over 2,700 joke lovers submit their very best – and worst – dad jokes in celebration of Father’s Day 2021.
With #BestDadJokes trending on Twitter during the heat of the competition, sensational jokester Austin May from Bedworth, Warwickshire,made Mark belly laugh with his so-bad-it’s-good dad joke: I once hired a limo but when it arrived, the guy driving it walked off! I said “Excuse me? Are you not going to drive me?” The guy told me that the price didn’t include a driverso I spent £400 on a limo and have nothing to chauffeur it!
Mark Watson said: “The perfect dad joke has got to be equal parts cringe and cheese – it’s got to make your kids embarrassed to be in the same room as you but still make them laugh. It’s a fine balance! When judging this competition, I was keeping an eye out for those jokes that were so bad, they were actually good – you don’t have to be a dad to tell a dad joke, but I think telling some truly awful ones really is a rite of passage when becoming a dad.”
Fancy a chuckle? Take a look Mark’s other favourite entries below:
1. Why did the man fall down the well? Because he didn’t see that well!
2. What did the pirate say on his eightieth birthday? “Aye Matey!”
3. Someone has glued my pack of cards together – I don’t know how to deal with it.
4. What do you call a zombie who cooks stir fries? Dead man wok-ing
5. I was wondering why the frisbee kept looking bigger and bigger, and then it hit me
6. I was stood behind a customer at an ATM and he turned around and said “could you check my balance?” – so I pushed him. His balance wasn’t that great.
7. Why did the scarecrow get an award? Because he was out standing in his field!
8. What did the daddy buffalo say to his son when he left for work? Bison
9. Two guys walked into a bar. The third guy ducked.
10. What do you call a blind dinosaur? A Doyouthinkhesaurus!
Aldi fans submitted their comedic entries via Facebook and Twitter from 4th May to 16th May, using the hashtag #BestDadJoke, with the winner receiving £100 Aldi vouchers.
Supermarket Aldi has just launched the ultimate indulgence for the festive season - the NEW Specially Selected Truffle Flavoured Butter (£1.59, 110g), and it’s sending Aldi shoppers into a frenzy. Users of the Aldi Shoppers UK Facebook Group have been singing the praises of the luxurious new spread which has just landed in stores, with one exclaiming ‘this truffle butter is amazing’ and another commenting ‘at £1.59, that’s really cheap!’
AND IT INCLUDES A PIGS IN BLANKETS YORKSHIRE PUDDING WRAP!
Aldi has just unveiled its most extensive collection of pigs in blankets to date featuring a range of unique offerings. Shoppers on the hunt for the ultimate festive side are in luck, as along with some returning favourites, Aldi is welcoming brand-new additions to store this Christmas, including a quirky Pigs in Blankets Yorkshire Pudding Wrap.