ALDI GIVES ALL STORE COLLEAGUES A NEW YEAR PAY RISE19 January, 2021
- New minimum hourly rates for Store Assistants of £9.55 nationally and £11.07 inside the M25, rising to £10.57 and £11.32 respectively
- All store colleagues to receive hourly pay increases
- New minimum hourly pay exceeds the Living Wage Foundation’s latest recommended pay rates
- Aldi is one of the only supermarkets to offer paid breaks, which means its colleagues remain the best-paid in the sector
- Aldi is recruiting for 4,000 new store colleagues in 2021
ALDI IS FIRST TO SCRAP PLASTIC SHRINK WRAP ON ALL MULTIPACK SOFT DRINK CANS14 January, 2021
Aldi is the first supermarket to stop using plastic shrink-wrapping on its own-label multipack soft drink cans.
The UK’s fifth-largest supermarket has replaced all plastic on its soft drink cans with 100% recyclable, FSC-certified cardboard, saving over 90 tonnes of plastic each year.
Aldi pledges to donate 10 million meals to families facing hunger13 January, 2021
- Supermarket Aldi has created an emotive ‘Hunger Monster’ animation that personifies the concept of hunger to bring to life its devastating effects
- The animation has been voiced by England footballer and campaigner, Marcus Rashford MBE, who lends his support to the pledge
ALDI MAKES FACE MASKS MANDATORY IN ITS UK STORES12 January, 2021
All customers will be required to wear a mask unless they are medically exempt. For a limited period, customers that forget to bring a mask will be provided with one, free of charge. Anyone without a medical exemption that refuses to wear a mask is not permitted to enter its stores.
ALDI STORES TO OFFER 75% PRICE REDUCTIONS BEFORE STORES CLOSE11 January, 2021
Shoppers hunting for the best deals already head to Aldi to pay as little as possible for their weekly shop, but the supermarket is now making groceries even more affordable.
All of Aldi’s 912 UK stores will soon mark down perishable products such as bread, meat and fruit and vegetables by 75% before stores close on their last day of life.