ALDI PLEDGES RECORD £1.3 BILLION INVESTMENT AS SALES SOAR28 September, 2020
- Aldi unveils £1.3 billion investment plan to mark 30th anniversary in the UK
- Annual sales increase 8.3% to £12.3 billion (YE 31 December 2019)
- 1 million British shoppers switch to Aldi**
- Offering customers the best value remains Aldi’s ‘most important commitment’ as household budgets are squeezed
- CEO, Giles Hurley, praises employees, suppliers and customers for ‘courageous’ effort responding to Coronavirus outbreak
ALDI WORKS WITH RNIB TO TRIAL AUDIO PROMPTS FOR TRAFFIC LIGHT SYSTEM11 August, 2020
Aldi UK has collaborated with the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) to trial the addition of audio prompts to its traffic light entry system, to help blind and partially-sighted customers safely enter its stores and maintain social distancing.