Business rates relief3 March, 2021
Following the extended business rates holiday announced in today’s Budget, Giles Hurley, Chief Executive Officer at Aldi UK, said: “Thanks to our amazing colleagues, we have been able to remain open throughout the pandemic. We believe giving back all business rates relief is the right decision to help support the nation. Our continued investment for our colleagues and our customers will remain unchanged.”
ALDI GIVES ALL STORE COLLEAGUES A NEW YEAR PAY RISE19 January, 2021
- New minimum hourly rates for Store Assistants of £9.55 nationally and £11.07 inside the M25, rising to £10.57 and £11.32 respectively
- All store colleagues to receive hourly pay increases
- New minimum hourly pay exceeds the Living Wage Foundation’s latest recommended pay rates
- Aldi is one of the only supermarkets to offer paid breaks, which means its colleagues remain the best-paid in the sector
- Aldi is recruiting for 4,000 new store colleagues in 2021
ALDI IS FIRST TO SCRAP PLASTIC SHRINK WRAP ON ALL MULTIPACK SOFT DRINK CANS14 January, 2021
Aldi is the first supermarket to stop using plastic shrink-wrapping on its own-label multipack soft drink cans.
The UK’s fifth-largest supermarket has replaced all plastic on its soft drink cans with 100% recyclable, FSC-certified cardboard, saving over 90 tonnes of plastic each year.
Aldi pledges to donate 10 million meals to families facing hunger13 January, 2021
- Supermarket Aldi has created an emotive ‘Hunger Monster’ animation that personifies the concept of hunger to bring to life its devastating effects
- The animation has been voiced by England footballer and campaigner, Marcus Rashford MBE, who lends his support to the pledge